Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" light leakage on screen

Hello,

I noticed several days ago that my brand new (2-month-old actually) Macbook Pro has light leakage on the bottom left corner of the screen. Gentle probing makes it seem that the screen is coming away from the back as if I lightly press on it, the light leakage stops. I haven't bumped the laptop, dropped it, nor do I take it out and about.

I took the Macbook into the local Apple store, they ran screen tests and diagnostically everything was working, though they could see the leakage when running screen pattern tests. Luckily they had a replacement screen in-store and could fix it for me. I notified them that I am going away to work in Beirut for 2 years and needed it done asap as I fly tomorrow.

Well I received a phone call 6 hours later telling me it was done. I got a friend to pick it up the next day as I was away, I also received a confirmation email telling me the repair had cost them £466 (free for me of course). When I checked the Macbook, the light leakage was still there in exactly the same place, but it was also leaking in the lower middle portion of the screen.

It's only noticeable when I have something black on the screen (this is actually surprisingly frequent, I watch a lot of widescreen films) and is quite annoying. Obviously when I arrive back from Beirut my warranty will likely be out of date. Any suggestions on what I can do? Obviously as I said it's annoying, I shouldn't have to suffer with this (especially as it should have been fixed) and I don't want it to get worse (as it seems that it can do!).

Thanks,

Peter.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:38 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro 15" light leakage on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.