Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 won't find my Carrier. I do not have Carrier option in Settings to set up Carrier Manually or Automatic. Does anyone know why? Is it a virus?

I have made a hard reset, I have changed my sim card, but still I have no serice. I didn't drop it, or anything it just stoped working, No service, can't find Carrier, and I do not have the Carrier option in Settings. why? has anyone experienced this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:12 PM

I Just had this same problem. My iPhone 5 ios8.3 would not find a carrier. I couldn't make/receive calls, messenger wouldn't work either and top left hand corner of screen just said 'searching' instead of 'Sprint LTE'. However, wifi did work when available and therefore iMessage did work. Went to a Sprint store today and t they said many people were having this same issue where the Data did not work. He believed it may be a software malfunction from the latest Software Update. The hard reset did work for my phone. Yesterday, I did a reset of just the system settings which did not work. He performed the full hard reset that wipes everything from the phone that worked. Just make sure all of your pics are backed up to the cloud or email. My phone is working perfectly again. Good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 1:12 PM in response to tana.mihai

I Just had this same problem. My iPhone 5 ios8.3 would not find a carrier. I couldn't make/receive calls, messenger wouldn't work either and top left hand corner of screen just said 'searching' instead of 'Sprint LTE'. However, wifi did work when available and therefore iMessage did work. Went to a Sprint store today and t they said many people were having this same issue where the Data did not work. He believed it may be a software malfunction from the latest Software Update. The hard reset did work for my phone. Yesterday, I did a reset of just the system settings which did not work. He performed the full hard reset that wipes everything from the phone that worked. Just make sure all of your pics are backed up to the cloud or email. My phone is working perfectly again. Good luck.

Dec 15, 2016 6:37 AM in response to KPM171

The "solution" provided by the apple store was to buy a new phone. After a quick visual inspection, an Apple tech claimed my antenna was damaged and no Apple store would repair my phone. At this point, the only way forward would be to replace the device or use my existing iPhone 6 in Wifi mode only. I've never had an iPhone simply stop function in under two years FORCING me to buy a new device. All in all, thoroughly disappointed with my experience with this issue but hope this information will help someone else experiencing the same signal loss trouble in the future.

My iphone 6 won't find my Carrier. I do not have Carrier option in Settings to set up Carrier Manually or Automatic. Does anyone know why? Is it a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.