Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"remote desktop client update"

Silly question: after my most recent update to Yosemite, it stated it updated "remote desktop client update" to better work with Yosemite. Since "I" have never used this feature.. is it possible I've been hacked remotely?

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:08 PM

I doubt you've been hacked remotely? Not by the update at any rate. Remote Desktop is part of the operating system (Yosemite) and as any other Apple update you should update it. You may not even be aware of the feature whether you've used it or not? For example if you've used the Screen Sharing feature then you've used Remote Desktop.

You'll find Remote Desktop in the Sharing Preferences Pane in System Preferences. It will be labelled "Remote Management".

Does this help?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 2:08 PM in response to JenniferO

I doubt you've been hacked remotely? Not by the update at any rate. Remote Desktop is part of the operating system (Yosemite) and as any other Apple update you should update it. You may not even be aware of the feature whether you've used it or not? For example if you've used the Screen Sharing feature then you've used Remote Desktop.

You'll find Remote Desktop in the Sharing Preferences Pane in System Preferences. It will be labelled "Remote Management".

Does this help?

"remote desktop client update"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.