Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad continuously turns on and off, flashing apple logo and home screen, since I updated to IOS 8.3

Since I updated to IOS 8.3 a couple days ago, my Ipad air just keeps turning on and off, flashing apple logo and home screen, Please help.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:53 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2015 11:56 AM in response to simkumal

Hey simkumal,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your iPad going through the same loop. To get it to stop, you will need to restore your iPad and you can do that by putting it into recovery mode. Take a look at the article below to walk you through how to do this and then restore it with iTunes. If you have a back up of your iPad in either iTunes or iCloud, you can put that back on after the restore is complete.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Take care,

-Norm G.

Sep 3, 2015 2:28 PM in response to norm123

Siiiigh. Second time this has happened to me, first with iPad2 a few months ago. Never did fix it since had been given a new iPad Air for Christmas shortly before then, so I just sorta gave up on the iPad2. Now, tried to update the Air to 8.4 and... hosed again!!! Completely baffled. I can't turn iPad completely Off, though it will go black. Can't restore. Just can't do ANYTHING. Genius bar?

Sep 9, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Arshay

Took the iPad Air to Apple and they rather quickly said it was hardware failure. They replaced it. The iPad2 is doing exactly the same thing so it's quite a coincidence if they both suffered hardware failures right after installing iOS 8.4. I guess there's no hope for the iPad2 since it's long out of warranty. That's OK. It has done its duty for a long time and been a joy to own.

Ipad continuously turns on and off, flashing apple logo and home screen, since I updated to IOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.