Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5s Screen popping out & poor battery performance

Hi

My iPhone5s screen has starting bulge and pop out of the phone. Whilst it's still operating, the problem is getting worse. I've also experience poor battery performance and really small charge cycles. I've booked an appointment with the Apple store, although I'm out of warranty. Anyone had this problem before or have any advice ?

Best,

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Grey

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2015 10:16 AM in response to UR93

The screen has completely popped out of the top. Apple will not replace it, even though the screen is not cracked. The phone hasn't been dropped. It appears that the adhesive holding it together has evaporated under the heat of phone.

I'm very disappointed that Apple will not replace or repair the screen. A $500 purchase should have a longer warranty on the hardware. They requested $300 to fix a field failure. (Shame / Shame ) Not sure what to do now. Perhaps, it's time to look at Samsung.

We've been huge Apple fans because in the past the stood by the quality of their products. It's the only reason to spend $4K on a laptop. I'm concerned about my Mac Air now. If I wanted cheap and replace, I wouldn't buy Apple.

iPhone5s Screen popping out & poor battery performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.