Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & Outlook Sync Problem

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to place this question. I sync my contacts in Outlook to my iPhone and iPad thru iTunes. However, it seems as if the sync only goes one way. From Outlook to the iPhone. Changes made on the phone or iPad do not get synced back to Outlook.

What I mean is if I make a change to the contact on the iPhone, when I sync using iTunes, the change to the contact is not saved to Outlook. In fact the contact on the iPhone is changed back to the way it is in Outlook. To be clear, if the Outlook contact is John Smith, then the iPhone contact is John Smith. If I change the contact on the iPhone to be John A. Smith, when I plug the phone in, the iPhone contact will go back to John Smith cause that how it is in Outlook. If I change the Outlook contact from John Smith, to John Smith, Jr., then the iPhone will be changed to John Smith, Jr..

So my question is how do I get changes made on the phone to be synced over to Outlook?

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:03 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes & Outlook Sync Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.