Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browse mode in iOS Photos?

My three-year-old kid loves browsing through the pictures in my iPhone. But now and then, he accidentally taps the trashcan and deletes a photo. (Yes I know that I can retrieve them. And Yes, I am aware that I can turn on Guided Access.)

Does anyone know a way so put Photos into "Browse Mode", so that the user can only look at photos, but not edit or delete them?

If not, consider this a feature request.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Photos for iOS Feature Request

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:29 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 3:56 PM in response to bobperry

Do you use iCloud Photo Library and have Optimize Storage enabled? If not, try that.

Then you can only edit the Photos, that have been downloaded to your phone and if the iPhone is connected to the Internet. You could put the iPhone in flight mode before giving it to your son. This way, he can browse the photos and delete them, but not edit them.

To send a feature request to Apple, use the feedback form: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Then the developers will see the request.

May 6, 2015 1:53 PM in response to léonie

Thank you for your concern, Léonie.

As I wrote in my original post: I know that I can retrieve deleted photos.

But to be able to retrieve a deleted photo from the Recently Deleted album or from a backup, you have to be aware that the photo has been deleted. This is very often not the case when somebody else is deleting a photo from a large album. So, using the Recently Deleted album or a device backup is not a solution to the problem. Having a Viewing Only mode would be.

Browse mode in iOS Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.