Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube app search

i'm using McTube Pro on my iPad and now youtube is saying it is not supported. I can still see subscriptions in each youtubers page, but I no longer get a subscription feed. I need a youtube app which allows caching of videos and works in iOS 6. The app store seems to just have stuff working with 7+ so I'm hoping someone here knows of an older one I can use.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:31 PM

5 replies

May 7, 2015 2:24 AM in response to sberman

Thanks for that, but that's not what I was looking for. I appreciate the help, though.

I have the most up-to-date, but youtube made changes (maybe, or the developer did) and it was preventing me from getting a subscription list. I could still get to videos and cache them, I just had to go to each account individually. I tried something called wedlock and it seemed to let me get the list again. It didn't last. I was hoping to find a recommendation for a youtube browser that lets me see subscriptions and cache them offline. McTube Pro used to do it. It doesn't anymore. The youtube app just lets me watch things, not download them. I was hoping someone might remember one that worked that I could try. Most of the ones in the store need the ugly operating system that either kills batteries (iOS7) or...not sure about 8 on my original iPad 3 (the one that they discontinued and made another calling it the iPad 3), but it still looks like a fisher-price toy, so I'll pass until I have absolutely no choice...or get a windows or android or whatever that is made for adults.

May 7, 2015 3:36 AM in response to Badger3k

Seems I can't edit my own reply any more. Weird. From reading a bunch more, it seems like youtube has changed it's way of doing business and has made a lot of older players not work anymore (the smart tv people are a little....peeved....about that), and the claim is that youtube doesn't want any downloading of any videos. If this is true, and it means I can no longer watch anything offline, youtube has become useless to me. I used to watch a lot of channels for news or entertainment, but not being able to watch when I want and instead rely on either a wifi connection (only at home) or pay outrageous prices for data...not even a choice. Now I just have to decide if I even want to make videos - I spent a fortune for devices and software, and am trying to learn Motion as well as more of Final Cut Pro X. Maybe I can find another video hosting service or figure out how to do it on my own (hopefully cheaply).

May 8, 2015 1:15 AM in response to jazcan

Until they change the appearance, that's the deal breaker. I honestly try to use my phone as little as possible just because I can't stand the way it looks. I refuse to let my iPad look the same way. Appreciate the app, but the second comment in says "youtube no longer supports the update" (paraphrase there), so I'm afraid the problem is mainly youtube and their policies. Plus, the app had no caching ability, making it useless for my needs.

ETA - the more I look into it, the more completely out of luck it seems like I am. About the only way to do what I want it to do would be to spend time downloading the videos to my computer (an easy prospect, despite youtube wishes), changing the format, putting them into iTunes, loading them onto my iPad, the deleting them from everything after I watched them, then doing the same again the next night after work.

Youtube app search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.