Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting a new phone

I'm getting the iphone 6 and im not looking forward to losing all of my pictures. i have backed up my phone using icloud. So, when I setup my new phone and sign into my icloud will all my pictures and contacts be on my new phone?

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:11 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 2:33 PM in response to karenlynnj

I would have two copies just to be safe. That's a good idea even if not planning to change phones.

One way is to have an iCloud backup and also have Contacts synced to icloud via Settings > iCloud > Contacts turned on and for Photos have Settings > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library on (and Optimize iPhone Storage on in that same screen if you want to reduce the storage space required on the phone).

If you don't want to use iCloud Photo Library, you could import your photos to a computer as described in Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support and also leave them on your phone.

getting a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.