Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 2nd generation - apps like instragram require upgrade to work but itunes says system is up to date???

i recently connected my ipod 1st/2nd generation to my itunes. As i was trying to set it up, apps like instragram says that new ios 7 is required to work but when i connect to itunes, it says that it is up to day?? Is there any way to download the newest IOS for the ipod.

Also, ipod is very slow... any way to solve this???

iPod touch

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:45 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 1:48 PM in response to Roop_xx

See if yo can get it by:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

If not available you are out of luck

ipod touch 2nd generation - apps like instragram require upgrade to work but itunes says system is up to date???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.