Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Didn't update?

OSX 10.10.3

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

2.7 GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB RAM

We applied the latest updates for Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2 and Final Cut Pro X 10.2 on April 28. It seemed to go ok at first. But when I open FCPX, it's still Version 10.1.3 , and what's really weird is, now it doesn't appear in the list of "Updates Installed In The Last 30 Days" as being updated. All the other updates appear in the list as being updated, but not FCPX. When I have the App Store open and click on FCPX version 10.2, the App store shows it as being installed on my Machine. Well, it doesn't say "Installed", it gives me the option to "Open" instead of saying "Update" or "Install"as if it's already installed. Both Compressor 4.2 and Motion 5.2 updated fine and when I open them, they in fact are the updated versions. Has anyone else run into this issue? I really don't want to have to uninstall and then reinstall if I don't have to.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon 32gb ram

Posted on May 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 12:44 PM

DDid you have any other drives or partitions with the application? Unmount all other partitions, move the app to the trash and check the Purchases page. If it says Open, find where the app is opening from.

4 replies

May 5, 2015 1:18 PM in response to CoachJB

Tom Wolsky, Thanks. We have a couple of Carbon Copy drives and a separate Time Machine drive attached to the machine. After seeing your question about other partitions or drives, I did a spotlight search for Final Cut Pro and sure enough, there was Version 10.2 on the CCC Boot drive. For some reason the update got applied to my back up drive instead of my Macintosh HD. As you suggested, I'm going to unmount all the other drives and then go to the App store. Do you think I need to trash the FCPX 10.1.3 in my Applications folder, or will the App store see that I don't have the latest version on my machine and then make the update available? Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Didn't update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.