Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IMac is not reading the existence of my internet provider although it lists a dozen others and has been reading my provider for the last four years. How can I get it to see the existence of the provider?

My IMac is not reading the existence of my internet provider although it lists a dozen others and has been reading my provider for the last four years. How can I get it to see the existence of the provider?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:13 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 1:23 PM in response to mitsou7

Go into System Preferences and click on Network and make sure that your network is the one Located in the Network name . In my case it is ATT994.

Hopefully this does the trick for you. Make sure the Status says Connected. Location should read Automatic.

Last but not least make sure that if you are using Wireless it has the Green dot and is at the top of the list if not simply Drag it to the top of the list.

So which ever option you are using should be at the top of the list with the green dot drag it there and restart your machine and you should be good to go.

Don

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.