Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites duplicated in Safari bookmarks

Ever since I logged into iCloud on my girlfriend's PC my Favourites have been screwed up on my iOS devices. It appears that a seconds Favourites folder has been created in bookmarks, which now seems to be the default, so these websites are show instead of my usual favourites when selecting the address bar in Safari. Trying to edit the favourite folders in bookmarks on my iOS devices does not work - I am unable to delete either of the favourites folders.

What has confused me even more is that the extra favourites folder has not appeared in Safari on my iMac, so I am not able to edit it on there. Any suggestions as to how I can get my normal Safari favourites back on my iOS devices?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:40 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 1:47 PM in response to Craikeybaby

I have switched off syncing on one of my iOS devices, then re-merged the bookmarks.

Favorites on the iOS device stays empty

Favorites on Safari on my iMac keeps all the pages I want in favorites, but a new bookmarks folder is added - BookmarksBar.

I have added some bookmarks to this new BookmarksBar folder on my iMac and they sync to the Favourites folder on my iOS devices.

What I want is for Favourites on my iOS devices to sync with Favourites on my iMac, like they used to do!!!

Favorites duplicated in Safari bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.