Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos vs iPhotos

Ok, since we have to almost always use "photos" rather then iPhoto .. I am having an issue.

I do a lot of Tarot Readings thru Facebook. (I know, I know ..) Anyway .. What I normally do, is type up the "reading" and post it either on a page, or PM the person. Either way I have to upload the photo. I normally take the photo with my iPhone 6, and it streams across, I edit photo, and place it in a folder.

I then go to the reading, click on the upload photo button, and find Photos, and the Folder (album) but the photos are not there .. it seems sometimes it can take 20 mins for the photos to show up, in that album when using Facebook. Any thoughts??

Should I plug the phone in via Lightning cable to do the transfer?

Should I Close the photo program down and reopen to refresh each time?

Should I just accept Facebook and Macs hate each other?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:37 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Mistteak

1 - you can continue to use iPhoto - you need iphoto 9.6.1

2 - I'm not sure how to speed the process - maybe the answer is to not use iPhoto at all but just use image capture to down load to the desktop, Preview to view and upload form the desktop (I'm assuming you do not save these long term and do not need iPhoto ro Photos search and cataloguing capability

LN

Photos vs iPhotos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.