Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting the date on iPod touch from 1970 to now

yeah I know, sounds stupid. BUT. I found out my iPod touch (8.1.3) is living in the year 1970. So I went to the settings to correct that. Followed the instructions and went at it manually. It goes willingly enough from 1970 to 2013 (loooong process with the roulette ; what a stupid way to set date & time...) but then it jumps to 2037. I don't mind having a time machine as long as I can travel with it. Not the case, and anyway, I'll be dead in 20137. I hope. I go backward (same looong process) and then hop, it begins jumping all over the date map --2038... 2027... 1999... 20024... 2038... And it does that each time I try to reset the date manually (I tried six times. No more).

What the kronk is happening here ? Anyone has had that kind of problem ? If so, did you solve it and how ?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:42 PM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>General>General>International and make sure Calendar is set to Gregorian

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 1:42 PM in response to tariely

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>General>General>International and make sure Calendar is set to Gregorian

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

setting the date on iPod touch from 1970 to now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.