Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro PLUS thunderbolt monitors EQUALS hdcp error!?

I have a 2013 Mac Pro (3.5GHz 6-Core, 16GB Ram) with 3 Thunderbolt monitors.

All monitors have been updated with the latest firmware.

All software up to date (yosemite 10.10.3, itunes 12.1.2.27)

HD movies will not play.

~50% of the time I get a popup indicating there is a HDCP issue.

The other 50% of the time I just get a black screen (no sound, scrubber doesn't move).

I have tried SMC reset, NVRAM reset, booted into safe mode/guest accounts and cannot play hd movies in itunes.

I have uninstalled applications that might cause an issue --> Duet Display, Splashtop Remote

I have ensured screen sharing is turned off.

Watching console and trying to fire up a movie I see this:

5/5/15 5:57:06.138 PM iTunes[606]: ApplePushService: APSConnection being used without a delegate queue

5/5/15 5:57:15.056 PM iTunes[606]: GVA warning: failed to get a service for display id: 4128828

Any thoughts?

I'm ready to punt this trash can.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2015 3:48 PM

**Error was due to a bad video card**

Before discovering the video card was bad, wiped computer clean... Put a fresh install of Yosemite onto Mac Pro, same results (regarding HDCP error) AND screen would go black after about 5 minutes regardless of program being used.

Apple replace 1 of 2 D500 video cards and all issues resolved. Total cost = $240.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2015 3:48 PM in response to di11ard

**Error was due to a bad video card**

Before discovering the video card was bad, wiped computer clean... Put a fresh install of Yosemite onto Mac Pro, same results (regarding HDCP error) AND screen would go black after about 5 minutes regardless of program being used.

Apple replace 1 of 2 D500 video cards and all issues resolved. Total cost = $240.

mac pro PLUS thunderbolt monitors EQUALS hdcp error!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.