Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 is stuck in recovery mode and will not advance

iPad 2 is connected to my MacPro in iPad Recovery Mode and iTune states "Waiting for iPad...". iPad shows Apple symbol and progress bar but will not progress after several hours of waiting.

iPad 2

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:13 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 7:09 PM in response to kurt52

Try to connect it to your computer and run iTunes. You may have to hold the Home button while you connect the USB cable.

Then, iTunes should detect the device is in recovery mode and offer to restore it from a backup. All personal data, apps and settings will be removed from your iPhone or iPad and it will be restored to the most recent backup, so some data might be lost if you haven't backed up for a while.

Jun 5, 2015 6:18 PM in response to kurt52

have you resolved this problem? i am having the exact issue. i have tried everything from doing the two different resets, but still have the same problem which is not able to do a recovery restore.

and in addition to some of the suggested solutions I found that i can't turn off ipad because the "Turn off power" slider will not appear when i hold down the home button.

the only thing i can do is hold down both home and sleep\wake button for a long time and then the apply logo appears. my ipad will eventual show my apps, but every time the ipad sleeps (black screen) I have to hold both Home and Sleep\wake buttons which is reseting my ipad.. pressing the sleep\wake buttons does not do it nor holding the home button. and when i connect to itunes it always say it "detected a device on recovery mode". and i am back at the same place where the recovery store is stuck.

someone help!!!

Apple is charging me to resolve problem and i dont have $$ option.

Jun 7, 2015 6:10 AM in response to gabkai

Unfortunately, I was unable to solve the problem. I took the iPad to Apple Genius Bar to see if it was a software or hardware problem. When the technician tried to bring up the Apple logo, she only got the progress bar with no activity. She thought it was likely a hardware problem related to the docking receptacle. It would cost $250 to replace the iPad. I think I might try to replace the docking device myself. There are YouTube videos online that explain how to do this. I've replaced my iPhone display before, successfully, and am comfortable doing that kind of work.

iPad 2 is stuck in recovery mode and will not advance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.