Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Generation won't sync

I haven't synced my iPod touch 5th Gen 32gbs in about a month. And when I tried to today it told me I didn't have enough storage space for all my music. It said I required 9.84 gb more of space to sync what I wanted to. I literally only wanted to add 11 more songs. I tried a restore, but it won't restore back past today. The iPod itself says I still have 4.85 gb of space left. It's almost as if it's trying to double sync the 15 gb of music that is already on the iPod. It's extremely frustrating because it won't let me delete anything and resync from the beginning either. I'd really rather not have to reset to factory settings.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 5, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:59 PM

Verify your sync settings. Maybe you are trying to sync more than you think.

OTHER

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 4:59 PM in response to frankiexlove

Verify your sync settings. Maybe you are trying to sync more than you think.

OTHER

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

iPod Touch 5th Generation won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.