Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone 5s discharge so quickly after installing ios8.3

My iPhone was working perfectly well until I installed iOS 8.3. Now it drains O% by the morning, if it is on 80% or less when I go to bed, and drops from 20% to 3% within 5 minutes. The error logs show that I have an iPhone 6 (I can assure you that I don't!) And the help team can only tell you to restore the iPhone from scratch, and see if that works using iTunes. I googled a number of separate websites which told me to turn off various of the Apple applications, went into fetch mode with my email, and turned off automatic updates for my apps and background running.

The first reason given why there was an error was because I downloaded the upgrade by my Wi-Fi, then it was because I had a problem with iTunes, which I resorted to next.

Come on Apple, we have plenty of kit in our house, which I use on business and I really cannot afford the time to do a six-hour upgrade and reinstall whilst I'm at work. You really do need to get your act together in sorting out this battery problem.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:55 PM

Some app got borked by the update process. It can happen with any update, it's not specifically an iOS 8.3 issue. You need to do some detective work and figure out which app it is. And don't excluded the built in apps (mail, contacts, etc).

See also: http://www.overthought.org/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-battery-d rain, which is the best explanation I have found on diagnosing battery problems.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 4:55 PM in response to paullywaully55

Some app got borked by the update process. It can happen with any update, it's not specifically an iOS 8.3 issue. You need to do some detective work and figure out which app it is. And don't excluded the built in apps (mail, contacts, etc).

See also: http://www.overthought.org/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-battery-d rain, which is the best explanation I have found on diagnosing battery problems.

May 5, 2015 4:59 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yep, thanks for that. Have been checking on the diagnostics and log reports over the last couple of days, and couldn't find any specific app, which was going haywire. Did all the usual stuff, including turning off various Apple notifications, built into the new iOS, and then remembered what happened last time. Having changed the Exchange mail settings to fetch, I remember the report which said that there was some sort of issue with meetings with exchange, conflicting with the Outlook app. So I deleted the Exchange mail server settings, and the Outlook app, and reinstalled the Exchange settings. Going to see if that helps, but probably not!

why does my iphone 5s discharge so quickly after installing ios8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.