Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air (2014) - Battery life does not last long enough + Error PPP003

My Macbook Air should last up to 12 hours, but only lasts up to 4-5 hours max.

I had taken a diagnostics test and the reference code: PPP003 came up. This occurred three times in a row.

Does this mean my MagSafe charger is faulty. If so, by getting a new one, will my macbook's battery life get back to normal, or will I need to send it in for service?

Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 1:58 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2016 11:51 AM in response to Kappy

Hello, I live in Ukrainian and we don't have authorized apple service center in our country.

I have MacBook Pro Retina MGXC2LL/A and it have some problems with battery. I log-in as guest and run some online videos. My mac discharged for 3 hours but should discharged 5-6 hours. I did Apple Diagnostic pressing "D" when it starts, and it show me ERROR PPP003.

As we don't have authorized apple service center in our country I decided to ship it to Poland in authorized apple service center. I paid 80$ for shipping my mac to Poland. They changed battery but it didn't solve the problem. It is 100% charged and became 0% in 3 hours. I decided to ship it again to Poland and Apple authorized service center did diagnostic for 2 months. They ship me back my mac with paper that "Everything OK, no problems with your mac". BUT when I get my mac back i found 5 scratches in body of macbook pro and 1 scratch in display. I had new mac without any defects besides the battery.

Now i have:

- spent 160$ (2xshipping to Poland Autorized Apple Service)

- 6 scratches on my mac (5x in body and 1x in display)

- my battery discharged in 3 hours

- ERROR PPP003

So I don't know how to contact Apple Support to solve this problem. If you know how to help me, please contact me:

mail: macalley@mail.ru

Macbook Air (2014) - Battery life does not last long enough + Error PPP003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.