Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to delete old email messages. I can delete some, but in other messages, the window text disappears but the sender, title, etc. info remains in the inboxinfo s

When attempting to delete old email messages, in some, the text within the window does disappear, but the sender name,etc. remains in the inbox. how do I delete that?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 5, 2015 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Might try this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

Then in Mail, highlight that Mailbox & select Rebuild under the Mailbox menu item.

Any Change?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 10:37 AM in response to 20myriam06

Might try this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

Then in Mail, highlight that Mailbox & select Rebuild under the Mailbox menu item.

Any Change?

I'm trying to delete old email messages. I can delete some, but in other messages, the window text disappears but the sender, title, etc. info remains in the inboxinfo s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.