Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is WPS button on airport and if it does not exist, how do I follow instructions from Netgear Extender

Where is WPS button on airport and if it does not exist, how do I follow instructions from Netgear Extender

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:36 PM

What operating system are you using on the computer that is configuring the AirPort router?

You don't have to add a printer to use the WPS setup in AirPort Utility. Any WPS device will work.

Instead of a "button", Apple uses a "first attempt" method, but it is the same as if you were pressing a button....and it is a lot more secure than a physical button that anyone could press and create problems.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Mountaindad

What operating system are you using on the computer that is configuring the AirPort router?

You don't have to add a printer to use the WPS setup in AirPort Utility. Any WPS device will work.

Instead of a "button", Apple uses a "first attempt" method, but it is the same as if you were pressing a button....and it is a lot more secure than a physical button that anyone could press and create problems.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.