Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have double copies of pictures in the new Photos?

When the new Photos replaced iPhoto, I suddenly had double, triple, and even quadruple copies of pictures. Why is this, and is there a setting I have set incorrectly? I'm having to go through and manually delete the copies and it *****.

Posted on May 5, 2015 4:16 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 4:34 AM in response to LarryHN

Oh, seriously, iPhoto is still there? Wow - I didn't realize that.

Yes, the pictures came from a Time Machine back-up; is that why they're doubled? I thought I had deleted all the doubles (and triples, etc.) back when I brought my library of pictures onto this desktop. Am I really deleting them, or do they all still exist somewhere on the desktop?

Thank you so much for your help and time, by the way. (:

best,

Erin

P. S. Edited after opening up iPhoto and looking at it. So it looks like all the new pictures off my camera since the addition of Photos are not imported into iPhoto - they're just in Photos? I'm assuming there's a preference somewhere that I'd choose to get that back into iPhoto's purview.

This does worry me about all those copies of my pictures that are, apparently, living in multiplicity somewhere on the desktop. How to fix this?

Why do I have double copies of pictures in the new Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.