Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I attach a photo to an email from iPad so that it appears as an attachment on a Windows based email and not embedded in the email text?

I am trying to send an email from my iPad with image attachments to a Windows based user. When they open my email in Outlook, the images are embedded into the email text and cannot be saved to their computer or opened. How do I send them from my iPad as an attachment?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:51 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 6:57 PM in response to salaus

1. Open the Photos app on the iPad (That’s right things work a little backwards in terms of what you’re used to on a deskop PC) and go to the Camera Roll or whichever album has the photo you want to attach.

Your iPad's mail app supports photos in .jpg, .tiff, .gif

2. Tap to open the photo that you want to add as an attachment to an email.

3. Tap on the Share button near the top right of the screen (it’s actually the third one in from the right, the one that looks like a rectangle with a rightward-moving arrow coming out of it).

4. Then tap on the first command choice – ‘Email Photo’.

That will open the Mail app with the selected photo attached. Then you just enter in the recipient/s name as normal, add your subject line and body text and hit Send as usual.

May 5, 2015 7:39 PM in response to salaus

I don't think it is related to the signature... it doesn't make sense.

To embed photos or videos in the email text, people usually use this way: If you press and hold in the body of the email, then when the magnifying symbol appears release the screen and you should get a popup with a number of options on it, including one for Insert Photo Or Video - tap on that and you should be able to select one of your photos or videos from the Photos app.

To make photos showed as attachment, I always need to open the Photos app first😐

Can you send other documents likeMicrosoft files and PDF as attachments successfully?

How do I attach a photo to an email from iPad so that it appears as an attachment on a Windows based email and not embedded in the email text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.