Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When exporting, my video seems to stall

I am exporting a video from Final Cut Pro 7. It seems to get stalled. For example, a prompt telling me I have 20 minutes will last 2 hours or more. Is there a problem I can resolve? I am using Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.8.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:07 AM

exporting how? Quicktime movie? quicktime Conversion? To what format? And what are your sequence settings? What is the codec of your clips? Is everything fully rendered?

7 replies

May 6, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks, Shane.

I'm exporting using Quicktime Conversion.

The settings are: H.264
5000 kbts/sec

Best Quality

1280X720 HD

No preparation for internet streaming

AAC

44.100 Rate

Target bit rate 320 Kbps

As for fully rendered, I'm not sure. When I marked the video to render the full sequence, I just got a blip. It seems to be fully rendered (blue line), but when I started the conversion process, a red line did show up.

I also noticed, after the conversion process was through (after I sent the first request), the entire sequence had gone offline.

The only other thing I can think of is that I had to trash my Preference settings last week. Before I began the conversion, I got a prompt saying my Fire Wire was disconnected. That may have happened when I trashed my preferences. Could that be the issue? If so, how do I reconnect it?

Thanks so much.

May 6, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Shane Ross

That's what I've done for the DVD. But the online distribution service needs their settings, which are essentially Vimeo settings.

I think I may have figured out the problem, though, for now. Typically, I've been dragging a photo onto the timeline which re-sets the settings. I had been forgetting to do that. Its still taking quite a while, but at least seems to be moving.

Thanks so much.

When exporting, my video seems to stall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.