Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to migrate to new photos app if not enough disk space

I updated iPhoto on my 2013 iMac to the new Photo application and also signed up to have all 50,000 photos uploaded to the iCloud. After 3 weeks with my slow local internet they are still in the process of uploading. Is there a better way to keep all the photos current on my iMac, iPad, iPhone and 2013 MacBook Pro.

I also have a problem updating my MacBook Pro because it does not have enough disk space to migrate the photos on iPhoto to the new Photo app.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 5, 2015 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:32 AM

50,000 photos will take a long time - 7000 took me ten days on a fairly fast internet connection

And as to not enough disk space - get more - that is the only solution - there is no magic - just do it

LN

2 replies

May 6, 2015 1:13 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for the info, yes with only a 200kbs upload rate on my internet and over 190 GB's to up load I guess it will be awhile.

My Macbook Pro has 500 GB's flash storage with 60GB of free space. When I try to update to the new Photo application I get the message that I need an extra 90GB of free space to do it. If I transferred my iPhoto library to an external storage device would I then be able to migrate all the photos back to the MacBook pro?

rayssr

how to migrate to new photos app if not enough disk space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.