Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a iphone6 the same regardless of service provider

I have a handicapped daughter who loves music. She also loves iPhones. She currently has a iPhone 5 but wants a iPhone 6 because everybody else has one (cant blame her). She usually gets the hand me downs when someone gets a upgrade but no upgrades in the near future. Our family are all Verizon customers and prices for a used Verizon iPhone 6 is a bit pricy. Her phone is never activated because she would call China by mistake. She listens to music loaded on the phone and Pandora when a Wi-Fi connection is available and takes pictures. So here is my question, "can I get a iPhone 6 that was originally sold for a Sprit or AT&T phone plan?" We will not be activating it. Also do I need to ask the seller a question to make sure it will do what she wants to do with it? What about a locked phone? Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:20 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 7:52 PM in response to jbundy77

If you are thinking of getting a "phone that was sold for Sprint or ATT" you must get a used phone as the carriers will not sell you a phone without a plan. They are essentially the same hardware with minor modifications in regards to carrier bands.

When buying a used phone, make sure the owner has turned off find my iphone and activation lock. Read here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/before-buying-a-used-iphone-or-ipad-check-ac tivation-lock/

Now my question to you is; why buy an iPhone (used or new) if your daughter is not going to use it for making calls? Get her an iPad mini or an iPod touch instead.

Is a iphone6 the same regardless of service provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.