Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find printer via AirPort Express

Hi,

I had an AirPort Express connected to a printer at work and everything worked fine connecting to my Mac, which I am using solely for wireless printing.

No issues installing, took 10 minuets...perfect.

Now I have changed location and need to reconfigure the AirPort Express for the new printer (exact same model).

Day 3 and I just cant get my mac to find the printer when trying to add a new printer/scanner. Nothing appears under the default tab.

So far I have tried:

- Hard reset of AirPort

- Reset printing system

- Connected printer direct to mac via USB - Works fine

- Added discoveryd to Firewall set to Allow incoming connections (read on other forums that his helped)

- All software updated to latest

Any help will be most appreciated.

AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd generation)

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:38 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 4:52 AM in response to CaSShh

One thing you did not mention was to reset the printer. Assuming you did not do that also, try it. Bear in mind that a printer connected to an Express's USB port, the same printer connected directly to your Mac, and the same printer wirelessly connected to your wireless network, might as well be three separate printers as far as OS X's printing system is concerned. Connect it the way you will be using it, and then add it to Printers & Scanners (Print & Scan or Print & Fax in earlier OS X versions).

Check your printer's documentation for reset and configuration instructions.

Here are some potentially relevant Support documents:

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac - Apple Support

AirPort Utility 6.x: Use a USB printer on your Wi-Fi network

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Cannot find printer via AirPort Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.