Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving icloud photos

I have an i6 and I have over 1,000 picture on my cell that I would like to keep. I see them on icloud but if I delete them off my phone they delete in icloud. How do I change that? I want to clear out my phone but keep the pictures.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Hello sheetsfamily4,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to delete some photos off of the Photos application on your iPhone, but do not want to lose those photos from your computer as well. In this situation, I would recommend reading over the Download photos or videos to your computer section in the attached link. Once erased from your phone, after downloading to your computer, the photos will be removed from Photos on the iCloud website, but will still be stored in the location you choose on your computer.

Use the Photos app on iCloud.com - iCloud Help

Have a great day,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 2:36 PM in response to sheetsfamily4

Hello sheetsfamily4,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to delete some photos off of the Photos application on your iPhone, but do not want to lose those photos from your computer as well. In this situation, I would recommend reading over the Download photos or videos to your computer section in the attached link. Once erased from your phone, after downloading to your computer, the photos will be removed from Photos on the iCloud website, but will still be stored in the location you choose on your computer.

Use the Photos app on iCloud.com - iCloud Help

Have a great day,

Joe

saving icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.