Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iv forgot a backup password that is encrypt.

Is there a way that i can crack the password to get my backup? Iv tried every password i can think of but its no use. Is there any softwares that i can use to crack the code? Im using a mac book pro to do this, not windows if your asking. Iv remembered setting up the encrypt password with a keychain in case if i forgot it and it would remind me but theres no option to use that keychain to get my password. At this point im clueless and i need help because this backup is VERY important to me! Should i take my stuff to the apple store; to the genius bar and ask for help? Please help me out!

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:54 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 8:24 PM in response to ImTiredAndINeedHelpFromSomeone

There is no way to get to your backup if you forgot your encryption password. The only thing you can do is restore your device as new. Period.

That is a good thing - otherwise, why have a password if it can be cracked?

This explains all the details. See especially the last paragraph under "How can I turn off iTunes backup encryption?"

About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support

Iv forgot a backup password that is encrypt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.