Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add jpg to Messages?

iPhone 4s iOS 8.3

Hi,

I am sure that in the past I was able to receive and send jpg images using Messages app on the phone, but now I cannot figure out how to do it.

There is a camera image next to the Text box, but it is greyed out. Am I missing something? Or is it not now possible?

Thanks,

Graham

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:52 PM

Generally, it is possible to use the camera in Messages.

But it depends ... if you are using MMS (through your cellular carrier), then

• You must have Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = "On"
  • You must have MMS set up with your cellular carrier (generally costs extra)

If you are not using MMS, then you would be using iMessage. You must have iMessage turned on, and the recipient must be capable of receiving an iMessage (Apple gear, in an iMessage supported environment such as WiFi).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Graham Falvey

Generally, it is possible to use the camera in Messages.

But it depends ... if you are using MMS (through your cellular carrier), then

• You must have Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = "On"
  • You must have MMS set up with your cellular carrier (generally costs extra)

If you are not using MMS, then you would be using iMessage. You must have iMessage turned on, and the recipient must be capable of receiving an iMessage (Apple gear, in an iMessage supported environment such as WiFi).

add jpg to Messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.