Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Yosemite update 10.10.3 won't finish

I have gone through the traditional method of using the App Store/Updates to try and install Yosemite 10.10.3 and it won't finish. I click Update, Agree to the Terms, and click Download & Restart. The progress bar shows a tiny little bit complete then it just stops. I manually downloaded the update from the Apple website and tried that route. I get as far as Destination Select and get the message "OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:29 PM

6 replies

May 5, 2015 9:44 PM in response to squinter1

Restart in the Recovery Partition (Command + R) and open Disk Utility and then Verify and Repair the hard drive. If any errors appear after 2-3 passes you have a bad HD that needs replacing, however I doubt you will find that. Then exit DU and install OS X, don't worry it will not harm your data however it is ALWAYS wise to backup beforehand.

OS X Yosemite update 10.10.3 won't finish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.