Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete music from my iPad

I have a new iPad, and initially populated it by restoring a backup file from an old iPad. Now, I can't get rid of the music that is on the new iPad.

Specifically, there are 310 songs that I don't want there. When I look in iTunes in the "music on my device" button, it says there is no music on the iPad (thus it won't let me delete any of it). I've tried telling it to not sync music, but this did nothing.

Can I get rid of this music without wiping the iPad and starting over?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:27 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 10:32 PM in response to odoflood1

Hi,

In iTunes with Music and Playlists selected

User uploaded file

click inside the main music window and do Command A to select all the songs. Then Control click (or right click) and from the contextual menu choose "uncheck selection" near the bottom. Then click Apply.

Now when you sync with a setup such as this,

User uploaded file

and in Summary > Options you have "sync only checked songs and videos" selected, all the unchecked music will disappear from your iPad, including the ones you don't want. Then check the ones you want, click Apply and sync again.

If this is too much, you can choose not to do Command A and just uncheck the songs in question and sync. Just select the unwanted songs all together then do Control click "uncheck selection."

I can't delete music from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.