Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I loop a single track in garage band

I just want to loop a the drum track in garage band throughout the whole song, I don't want to loop any of the other tracks . I need to know fast because it's for a school project.

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:31 PM

Which version of GarageBand are you using? GarageBand '11 or GarageBand 10.0?

The Drummer tracks in GarageBand 10 cannot be looped - the drummers are smart instruments that play automatic. If your drum track is a real instrument or software instrument track, you can loop regions in the track. See: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnd859f8d64

Loop regions in the Tracks area

You can loop regions so that they play repeatedly, and extend them to fill any amount of musical time in the Tracks area. When you play the project, the region repeats the number of times you have extended (looped) it.

You can also loop a region that has been resized. When you loop a resized region, only the visible portion of the region repeats when you play the project. If you add silence by lengthening a region, the silence is included in each repetition when you loop it.

Hide

Loop a region

• Place the pointer over the upper-right edge of the region. The pointer becomes a Loop pointer.User uploaded file
  • Drag the right edge of the region until it aligns with the point where you want it to stop playing.As you drag the edge of the region, “notches” appear at the top and bottom of the region, showing the beginning and end of each complete repetition.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2015 10:31 PM in response to Ironmetallicdeth

Which version of GarageBand are you using? GarageBand '11 or GarageBand 10.0?

The Drummer tracks in GarageBand 10 cannot be looped - the drummers are smart instruments that play automatic. If your drum track is a real instrument or software instrument track, you can loop regions in the track. See: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnd859f8d64

Loop regions in the Tracks area

You can loop regions so that they play repeatedly, and extend them to fill any amount of musical time in the Tracks area. When you play the project, the region repeats the number of times you have extended (looped) it.

You can also loop a region that has been resized. When you loop a resized region, only the visible portion of the region repeats when you play the project. If you add silence by lengthening a region, the silence is included in each repetition when you loop it.

Hide

Loop a region

• Place the pointer over the upper-right edge of the region. The pointer becomes a Loop pointer.User uploaded file
  • Drag the right edge of the region until it aligns with the point where you want it to stop playing.As you drag the edge of the region, “notches” appear at the top and bottom of the region, showing the beginning and end of each complete repetition.

How do I loop a single track in garage band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.