Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random disconnect and reconnect

Hi everyone, this is rather odd problem and I will try and give you as much info in the first post as possible. I am a computer technician so don't worry about being verbose. 🙂

In short I have an iPhone 5s that will randomly disconnect and reconnect every 1 second on my laptop and my desktop.

My operating systems are Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview on my desktop.

I have tried the following to no effect on both computers removed iTunes and reinstall, disabled and removed apple mobile device driver, re-installed this driver, updated/downgraded my USB device drivers on both USB 2 and USB 3

Specifically on my desktop I have gigabyte motherboard which has red USB ports to support high powered devices like the iPhones etc. I have tried to use this port, enable and disable the USB on/off charge feature, enable/disable the high powered device feature. I tried the USB 3 port and even one from USB 3 header.

Then on my laptop which is a new Toshiba Satellite (3 months old) it has a USB charge while laptop while off, disabled and enabled that nothing both USB 2 and USB 3 ports same thing.

What it does it disconnect reconnect in seconds and loops.

Now on my PC it says Code 10 cannot start next to Apple Mobile Device it's not charging and obviously iTunes doesn't see it.

I reset my phone (power and home button) and entered restore mode and my phone is recognised and is seen in iTunes!

After that I started it up connected it to my computer and it was briefly recognised, then i hit Trust on my iPhone and it went back to code 10?

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:44 AM

There are no replies.

Random disconnect and reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.