Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers opens file at the 1st row and not where left editing

I have been keeping daily records of certain information since 2002. At first I used to keep the spreadsheet in Excel but recently moved to Numbers. Sometimes I open the file, either on my MacBook Air or iPad Air the file opens at the first row and not at the last entry point. It is not a major issue on the MacBook but on the iPad it takes hundreds of swipes to get to the latest date and many minutes to do that. I know I can search for the latest date but I would like to know how I can open the file and know it will go to the latest date, which it used to do.

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 9:57 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 6:54 AM in response to pominoz

Hi pominoz,

My experience is that my files open at the beginning when I have made changes on the other platform and saved those changes. I haven't found a way around that. I am moving files with iTunes.

I do my input in forms- it is a convienient way to input data row by row. A form will also reset to the first row😟. It does have a fast mode that will move past 10 rows at a time. Since you only have to press and hold this may be less tedious for you. This does not scroll the original table.

Since the last row of input is not my last row in the table I added a column and a formula in the first row of that column:

User uploaded file

This tells me how far I need to go.

It may be that the monolithic table is not still serving you and a reworking with yearly tables and a summary table may improve things. Numbers does seem to like smaller tables.

quinn

Numbers opens file at the 1st row and not where left editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.