Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my phone, and now it wont let me send imessages.. and says waiting for activation.

So I locked myself out of my phone, and reset my phone. After I did that, I put in my contacts, and I texted my friend, usually.. our messages are blue because of imessage, but now it isn't blue.. I went to the settings and to Imessage, and it said "waiting for activation" , I waited for it to see if it would activate whatever it needed to activate, but it didn't.. I then went on the internet to see if there was anything I could do, I tried restarting it.. airplane mode... and nothing seemed to help... Please help..

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 10:10 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 4:51 AM in response to Jaasielnatalie

Before you restore your device, read these articles carefully and make sure you follow all the instructions.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

http://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-imessage-waiting-for-activation/

And here's how you can restore your device: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

If nothing helps, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. You will need to have iTunes installed on this computer. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

I reset my phone, and now it wont let me send imessages.. and says waiting for activation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.