Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to App Store with iPhone

The problem.

I have iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3. My Apple ID doesn't work with App Store, I can't make updates or buy new programms.

I used 5 different iPhones & iPads with the same Apple ID before. A couple of weeks ago I set up Family Sharing and created new Apple ID for this iPhone 5s. The access to App Store from this device was terminated. The new Apple ID works for iCloud, Facetime, Apple.com, but I can't login to App Store in Options menu with iPhone. I see the full list of my devices at iCloud Family sharing menu. All other devices don't have problems with access to App Store.

I used Apple IDs that work for other devices well to connect but with the same results. Apple IDs and passwords remain gray in Options menu. There are no restrictions turn on for that device. I tried to contact Apple service but they listen my problem and didn't come back with an answer.

Could you help me to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:47 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2015 2:51 AM in response to donvald

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

May 6, 2015 3:22 AM in response to guru_jarvis

The organizer of Family Sharing provided payment method with credit card data.

It works for another iPad with the new Apple ID.

I changed Apple ID for this iPhone (iCloud, App Store) with the old one (it works as the organizer of Family Sharing now with full payment info). But it didn't help to get access to App Store.

I guess the access to App Store is blocked at Apple side for this device. I don't know how to check it.

P.S. BTW I can't change the Payment information to None cause I can't login to App Store with my Apple ID. The field with Apple ID remains grey.

May 8, 2015 6:34 AM in response to donvald

I solved the problem:

1. istalled iTunes at my computer.

2. linked iPhone to iTunes and activated the comp at App Store.

My Apple ID worked with iTunes correctely.

3. installed a program to iPhone with iTunes.

A bit later I tried to login from my iPhone to App Store with the same Apple ID. And it works again.

Can't login to App Store with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.