Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth incoming file transfer not responding

my macbook is yosemite 10.10.2.

I cancelled sharing files in middle of task from my mobile but my macbook is still freezes on "incoming file transfer" dialogue box.

i am unable to cancel or stop that bluetooth window.

please help me as soon as possible.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on May 6, 2015 12:32 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2017 8:09 PM in response to Qeezar

THANK YOU!! It is now the end of May 2017. I have a brand new 32 GB ram 27" ssd 5k retina iMac running Sierra and the bluetooth bug still has not been addressed. On my now obsolete 17" late 2007 MacBook Pro the bluetooth is still at least 4 times as fast and consistently reliable. The only thing different that I think may be the culprit is my MBP ONLY used bluetooth for file transfer whereas the iMac has a mouse, trackpad, beats headphones -and when my MBP could still start ...bluetooth networking.

Not knowing and wondering out loud -I wonder how many devices a single bluetooth receiver can handle?

Thanks for your work around. LoL ...OF COURSE the Activity Monitor ...I was making myself a bit more nuts trying to find an app called Bluetooth File Exchange ...cheers xoxo

Oct 6, 2015 4:41 PM in response to Qeezar

I transfer files via Bluetooth a lot and this bug occurs frequently so rather than restarting the machine;

Go to Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

Scour the process list for ObexAGENT (it will most probably be in red and marked "Not responding")

Highlight it and click the kill button (Force a process to quit) at the top-left of the pane (it's a circle with a cross in it). Confirm by clicking "Quit"

Don't worry if you need to try sending more files, the process will start up again when you do.

bluetooth incoming file transfer not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.