Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I possessed an iMac I have tried to install Windows 8.1 using the Boot Camp, I woke up in a section of the disk space allocation 100 GB to install Windows during the Install Windows in the stage of defining the disk to install to a message hint that must

I possessed an iMac I have tried to install Windows 8.1 using the Boot Camp, I woke up in a section of the disk space allocation 100 GB to install Windows during the Install Windows in the stage of defining the disk to install to a message hint that must be currency disk type of GPT.

You have pressed the keys Shift+F10 radically wrote the following commands:

1- diskpart

2- list part

3- Select Disk 0

4- select partition 4

5- clean

6- convert GPT

after that you have to return for the stages of installing Windows but "do not bother that all disk partitions disappeared one disk appeared all hard drive space and space are all available.

myself to restart the device with press the Alt key and press the display lengthy Drive Flash not only shows that a copy ISO windows

so what is the solution?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:06 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 5:34 AM in response to mohammad1971

1. What Year is your iMac?

2. Can you post the output of the following Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

I possessed an iMac I have tried to install Windows 8.1 using the Boot Camp, I woke up in a section of the disk space allocation 100 GB to install Windows during the Install Windows in the stage of defining the disk to install to a message hint that must

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.