Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing yosemite - aperture cannot be opened and the message to go to the App Store fails because in the german app store no new version is available

aperture cannot be opened after installing yosemite

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:19 AM

You need to update to version Aperture 3.6.

Aperture is no longer sold at the AppStore. So you can neither update from the Updates page nor buy the upgrade from the main page of the Store.

But if Aperture is associated with your AppleID because you bought it originally from the AppStore or accepted it to your AppleID when you updated to Aperture 3.4.5 or later, you can reinstall from your Purchases page.

Open the Purchases tab of the AppStore and sign into the Store menu with your appleID. Is Aperture listed among your Purchases? It may be hidden. Try to unhide it, See this link: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4928

Then proceed as described in this User Tip for iPhoto: (I replaced iPhoto by Aperture in the quote)

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

Just as a precaution, copy Aperture from your Applications folder onto an external disk or USB stick and eject that drive.

Delete Aperture from your Applications folder. Make sure there are no disks mounted that have a copy of Aperture on them. Empty the Trash.

Make sure no other users have Aperture open in the background. It is best to have all other users logged out.

I ended up having to Restart before I could clear Aperture from the App Store memory (it was still showing Update on the button in Purchases).

If it is still showing as Update, try searching Spotlight for Aperture. There may be a copy on a mounted external disk that it is identifying.

You should now be able to go to the Purchases tab and find Aperture with the Update button labeled "Install". Click "Install" and it should download the current version which works with Yosemite.

When I first tried, after authenticating, it posted a 503 error and asked if I wanted to Retry. When I clicked "Retry," it started downloading.

It's about 1.01 GB, so it takes a little while to fully download.

If your Aperture 3 version does not show at the App Store Purchases page, give the App Store Support a call. There is a "Contact" link in the Quick Links on the main page of the store. Ask for a redeem code to be able to download the update. You will probably need to provide a proof of purchase.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 2:19 AM in response to fauweck

You need to update to version Aperture 3.6.

Aperture is no longer sold at the AppStore. So you can neither update from the Updates page nor buy the upgrade from the main page of the Store.

But if Aperture is associated with your AppleID because you bought it originally from the AppStore or accepted it to your AppleID when you updated to Aperture 3.4.5 or later, you can reinstall from your Purchases page.

Open the Purchases tab of the AppStore and sign into the Store menu with your appleID. Is Aperture listed among your Purchases? It may be hidden. Try to unhide it, See this link: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4928

Then proceed as described in this User Tip for iPhoto: (I replaced iPhoto by Aperture in the quote)

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

Just as a precaution, copy Aperture from your Applications folder onto an external disk or USB stick and eject that drive.

Delete Aperture from your Applications folder. Make sure there are no disks mounted that have a copy of Aperture on them. Empty the Trash.

Make sure no other users have Aperture open in the background. It is best to have all other users logged out.

I ended up having to Restart before I could clear Aperture from the App Store memory (it was still showing Update on the button in Purchases).

If it is still showing as Update, try searching Spotlight for Aperture. There may be a copy on a mounted external disk that it is identifying.

You should now be able to go to the Purchases tab and find Aperture with the Update button labeled "Install". Click "Install" and it should download the current version which works with Yosemite.

When I first tried, after authenticating, it posted a 503 error and asked if I wanted to Retry. When I clicked "Retry," it started downloading.

It's about 1.01 GB, so it takes a little while to fully download.

If your Aperture 3 version does not show at the App Store Purchases page, give the App Store Support a call. There is a "Contact" link in the Quick Links on the main page of the store. Ask for a redeem code to be able to download the update. You will probably need to provide a proof of purchase.

after installing yosemite - aperture cannot be opened and the message to go to the App Store fails because in the german app store no new version is available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.