Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are the Hard Drive sensors disconnected?

Although I back up quite regularly, I like to know the state of the iMac's HD, so that if it's looking like it's 'on the way out' I can do an immediate back up before getting it replaced. As both the S.M.A.R.T. and Hard Drive Bay sensors are no longer connected how can I find out what's going on and is the HD actually being Self Monitored? In Disk Utility it shows the S.M.A.R.T. Status as being 'Not Supported' so how can I be prepared?

It works properly with my old Snow Leopard iMac so what's gone wrong with M.Lion?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:56 AM

3 replies

May 11, 2015 4:36 AM in response to rkaufmann87

The App. I use is 'Temperature Monitor.app' from bresink .com and I now realise that it doesn't support OSX later than Snow Leopard.

I've got iStat but - (a) it is only in Dashboard so I can't keep an eye on the temparatures in the Menu Bar - (b) the only HD Drive info is GB capacity and GB used, no Temperature info.

Surely there must be some form of temperature monitoring sensors in the Hard Drive Bay?

Can you advie me of another temperature Monitoring app that allows me to see the reading in the Menu Bar?

Why are the Hard Drive sensors disconnected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.