Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble accessing Google sites. It behaves erratically, sometimes opens and sometimes says cannot connect to the server. This is happening since yesterday evening.

I am using MacBook Pro. Since yesterday, I am not able to connect to Google consistently through Safari. All other websites which I access works, google alone throws an error. Not sure if this is specific to me aline.

My operating system is OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

After waiting for sometime, is connects to google and again on log off, it throws an error that it cannot connect to the server. Strange.

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:23 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 1:03 PM in response to SirramSrinivasan

Double-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

www.google.com

Launch the Network Utility application.

Step 1

Select the Lookup tab and paste into the address field by pressing command-V. Then press return. Post the output that appears below – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Step 2

Select the Ping tab and do the same. Please enter the same input as you did in Step 1. Don't use the output of Step 1 as input to Step 2.

Important Note

Some web browsers and mail clients will automatically convert a domain name such as "www.example.com" to a clickable URL, such as http://www.example.com. That will interfere with the test. If necessary, edit the input in the Network Utility window to remove any added characters.

I am having trouble accessing Google sites. It behaves erratically, sometimes opens and sometimes says cannot connect to the server. This is happening since yesterday evening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.