Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad screen passcode

I cant remember my screen passcode and have been locked out. My ipad says connect to iTunes. I have done that but i am not sure of this route because i have never used iTunes before. Can someone help me with a solution of gaining access without using the route through iTunes?

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:11 AM

20 replies

May 6, 2015 2:27 AM in response to abakwa

Once you connect your device, iTunes will detect it and you will get an opportunity to restore it. All the steps you need to follow are on the Apple Support page I've given a link to. Read the article carefully.

You may also want to visit your local Apple Store, but you can restore your device yourself within minutes. That's much easier.

May 6, 2015 2:56 AM in response to abakwa

Try these steps. Note this will erase all the data from your device (and your passcode as well).

• Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. You will need to have iTunes installed on this computer.
  • Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device.
  • After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

Here you will find the same instructions with screenshots: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I don't think it will take much time, however, everything depends on the software and hardware you use.

Hope this helps!

ipad screen passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.