Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter has lost her iPhone in the house in silent mode with the vibrate off. "Find my iPhone" app confirms the phone is in the house. Is there any way of remotely switching the ringer or vibrate alert back on or otherwise locating it?

My daughter has lost her iPhone in the house in silent mode with the vibrate off. "Find my iPhone" app confirms the phone is in the house. Is there any way of remotely switching the ringer or vibrate alert back on or otherwise locating it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:01 AM

- go to iCloud.com on computer and click on "my phone" ( with the sonar symbol)

- then click on the middle top on your device

- there you habe the option to create a tone on your phone

4 replies

May 6, 2015 3:50 AM in response to charlesmeredith

If you think your lost iOS device or Mac is nearby, play a sound on it to help you find it.

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

2. Click All Devices, then select the device on which you want to play a sound.

If you have Family Sharing set up, your family members’ devices appear below their names.

3. In the device’s Info window, click Play Sound.
    User uploaded file

If the device is online, the sound plays immediately (for two minutes). If it’s offline, the sound plays the next time it’s online.

After the sound plays, a confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.