Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to split the wifi between the study and the kids especially at dinner and bedtime. How do i do this?

Like most parents, I need to do something about the kids being anti social by being on their devices all of the time and still be able to use the internet in the study when I need to.

Dinner time is the worst just getting them to help out - I just need to turn it all of - from my mobile if possible

At the kids bed time my wife work in the study and we need to know that the are not on their mobile devices in their beds

Surely there must be an easy solution. Any ideas?

we use a apple airport time capsule

Greg

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:08 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 4:19 AM in response to scroopy60

You need a router with a lot more parental controls.

Apple routers simply do not cut it.. they can time out any client.. on wireless.. but the kids are just as likely to learn to bypass it.. Apple simply do not lock it down.

What I use is a router with gargoyle firmware.. I am not allowed to point you to it.. only tell you to google it.

The TC can still provide wireless function and backup etc bridged to the replacement router.

But that is only one suggestion.. there are lots of others on the market..

Very few will have iphone apps that are worth buying.. !!

And again kids are likely to be on top of the technology before you are.

I need to split the wifi between the study and the kids especially at dinner and bedtime. How do i do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.