Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FireWire Troubles

Hey Guys, Desperately in need of help, I just purchased a MAC Pro. According to Apple it seems to be a vintage MAC Pro. Either way I plugged my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Into the firewire port and the MAC cannot see it at all. Also I connected it via the Fiber Optic ports and still nothing. I'm using the MAC for my music studio, but not i'm a bit disappointed that i made this purchase. Is there anyone out there who can help me. Thanks in Advance

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), It's a 4 Core MAC Pro

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 12:15 PM

sure, I'll try to help you out.

usually when I buy something newer, I check to see if that thing needs any software updates, such as those needed to work with your Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40. Go to focusrite.com for that. Usually, for the optical input and output, you have to switch it yourself. click the option key while clicking on the speaker icon at the top of your screen (could be alt on some keyboards) and you'll see a list of all available audio inputs and outputs. Set yours, then to digital input and output.

More options can be found by getting Audio MIDI setup going, and seeing if your Focusrite Sapphire pro 40 is recognized and working.

ps, the software I think you want is called Focusrite Sapphire Mix control, and it's under "Downloads" on that web page

good luck to you

if you have any more questions, try again, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you here

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Mr OMP

sure, I'll try to help you out.

usually when I buy something newer, I check to see if that thing needs any software updates, such as those needed to work with your Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40. Go to focusrite.com for that. Usually, for the optical input and output, you have to switch it yourself. click the option key while clicking on the speaker icon at the top of your screen (could be alt on some keyboards) and you'll see a list of all available audio inputs and outputs. Set yours, then to digital input and output.

More options can be found by getting Audio MIDI setup going, and seeing if your Focusrite Sapphire pro 40 is recognized and working.

ps, the software I think you want is called Focusrite Sapphire Mix control, and it's under "Downloads" on that web page

good luck to you

if you have any more questions, try again, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you here

John B

FireWire Troubles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.