Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repairing iCloud Mail Server preferences

I now have 3 iMacs using Snow Leopard. The most recent was bought with the intent of installing Yosemite, but some problems need to be resolved. It has 16 GB Memory and is a 2011 iMac12,2, Internal Core i5, 2.7 Ghz.

Am trying to resolve a problem that evolved with the TWC Roadrunner account which wiped out some of my mail settings. Having trouble setting the correct iCloud setting.

The incoming mail server shows "mail.me.com" Is that correct?

The Outgoing Mail Server is listed as "mail.twc.com email address" Is this correct?

Just need verification before fixing this on all 3 iMacs plus 4 IOS devices.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 16 mg Ram

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:58 AM

me.com is a Frank Land wrote:

I now have 3 iMacs using Snow Leopard. The most recent was bought with the intent of installing Yosemite, but some problems need to be resolved. It has 16 GB Memory and is a 2011 iMac12,2, Internal Core i5, 2.7 Ghz.

Am trying to resolve a problem that evolved with the TWC Roadrunner account which wiped out some of my mail settings. Having trouble setting the correct iCloud setting.

The Outgoing Mail Server is listed as "mail.twc.com email address" Is this correct?

mail.me.com is an old Mobile Me server, nothing to do with TWC so it won't work (where did you get these settings) as for the outgoing, ask TWC (you need to get the correct incoming settings anyhow)

Here are the settings TWC recommend.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-internet/e-mailacco/incoming -outgoing-server-addresses.html

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Frank Land

me.com is a Frank Land wrote:

mail.me.com is an old Mobile Me server, nothing to do with TWC so it won't work (where did you get these settings) as for the outgoing, ask TWC (you need to get the correct incoming settings anyhow)

Here are the settings TWC recommend.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-internet/e-mailacco/incoming -outgoing-server-addresses.html

May 6, 2015 7:18 AM in response to Csound1

TWC prefers the following "mail.twc.com: but the other seems to come up on my 10.6.8 OS when I add a new account"

As for the Outgoing Mail Server, what I show is what they gave me.

Apparently the older Apple Mail program doesn't want to let you edit an existing account....they suggest creating a new one. That is complicated by the fact that you keep getting the message that the User Name and other listings are already being used. This made it necessary to delete the MobileMe Account and recreate a new one (which then comes up with the "mail.me.com" grayed out.

If I do this on an IOS account, all of the correct settings pop up and they work.

May 6, 2015 7:27 AM in response to Csound1

Thanks for sending me the link to their settings. Wish they had done this to begin with.

They initially wanted to solve this by returning to the POP settings on all of my devices; however, in trying to use Apple Mail the option to use a POP account seems to be gone....iMAP account keeps coming up.

Right now, with the settings that I've shown, iCloud mail is coming through on this Mac. I'll use my last one to try to revise the setting using the chart.

May 6, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Csound1

Still attempting to edit the Mail settings on the second computer.....the old Apple Mail program is still denying me the ability to use the TWC settings verbatim.

Am going to walk away for awhile and will continue. You've been very helpful and may have the solution....it's just been frustrating to not be able to follow the instructions to the letter.

Later on, it may work perfectly once I get my second wind.

Sorry that I am now rusty using the Discussion format. Have been a Mac user since 1990 and the years have caught up with me, but still hanging in there.

May 6, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Frank Land

Stop trying to edit and just make a new account. Choose 'Other' as the account type and hold down the option key as you advance through the various stages, that will keep it in Manual mode, enter what you want. Add the account in System Preferences>Internet Accounts.

Remember that this has nothing to do with iCloud or the iCloud servers.

May 6, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Csound1

Believe it or not, but I had been creating new accounts each time. Your instruction to use the option key did lead me into a manual mode which was helpful in completing the various stages, however, while it did allow me to choose the Account type, it still prevented me from changing the Incoming Mail Server to the mail.twc.com which TW wants.

I have been able to set up a couple of accounts on the second Mac which are now working. Thanks for helping and staying with me. The problem may lie in the fact that this Mac was upgraded from the original Intel iMac which I bought in 2004, the first week it was out. Don't know if the Migration Assistant fully took advantage of upgrades in the OSX over the years. It was bought as Tiger, upgraded to Leopard and then Snow Leopard. Perhaps there's a lot of excess baggage.

One of the newest Accounts is a POP which I may check out once more.

Repairing iCloud Mail Server preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.