Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access my photos from Power Point

I downloaded the new MAC upgrade and now I cannot access photos or movies from Powerpoint. Also, also, why is the Photos app located right next to the trash file and why move it? Also, is it possible that all my pictures are in cloud and instead of on my computer? If so, how do I get them BACK on my MAC.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:04 AM

Because Microsoft didn't enable grabbing Photos from the Media browser. They'll need to update it.

I'm not sure what the rest of that meant. I'll guess.

Photos stores your photos in the Photos Library which should be in your user home/Pictures folder, just like it was in iPhoto.

I'm not sure what was next to the Trash in your Dock. You can put anything you want there. That's why the Dock exists, so that you can put things in it that you want quick access to instead of digging down into the Finder.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 6:04 AM in response to tdirksen

Because Microsoft didn't enable grabbing Photos from the Media browser. They'll need to update it.

I'm not sure what the rest of that meant. I'll guess.

Photos stores your photos in the Photos Library which should be in your user home/Pictures folder, just like it was in iPhoto.

I'm not sure what was next to the Trash in your Dock. You can put anything you want there. That's why the Dock exists, so that you can put things in it that you want quick access to instead of digging down into the Finder.

May 6, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Barney-15E

Hi Barney,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying. When I attempt to add a picture as you mentioned, I only that the option of inserting a picture from Photo Booth. There is not an option to choose a photo from my library. In Powerpoint, when I go to add picture/ home/picture file, the photo icon in not highlighted, therefore will not open. I tried going through media, as well...to no avail. I only get the option of adding a Photo Booth picture. I can access photos from the Photo icon in my doc, but that doesn't help me because the photos cannot be dragged to a presentation. Before I updated to Yosemite, I didn't have an issue. Please advise. Thank you. T

May 7, 2015 4:29 AM in response to tdirksen

Drag and Drop doesn't work well with Photos--nothing you can do until Apple fixes it.

However, there is a workaround--you can export your picture to the desktop (or anywhere), and then use that to insert into PowerPoint.

The Office suite must be updated to use the Media browser with Photos--nothing you can do until Microsoft fixes it.

You can still use iPhoto until Photos matures. However, the version you have must be updated for Yosemite. See this user tip I made to help you get the current version of iPhoto: Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

The Photos icon on your Dock is an Alias to the Photos application. You can drag any app onto the Dock so that it stays there. If you decide to keep using iPhoto, you can drag that app to your Dock and remove the Photos app by dragging it to the Dock.

Photos and iPhoto use separate Libraries. So, if you decide to use iPhoto, any changes you made in Photos won't appear in iPhoto.

Why can't I access my photos from Power Point

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.