Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2011 Not Displaying at All. Makes Startup Noise

Just as I am thinking, "Wow this computer is going to last 4 more years!," I run into my first problem. Yesterday I packed my computer into a canvas bag and put it in my trunk to bring it to a recording session. This was not smart as I did not put any padding around it 😟 when I got to the session I proceeded to hook everything up only to find my computer would not start. It was making its usual cute little Mac startup noises and clicks (cd drive and i can hear the fan.) i did not hear the usual startup beacon of sound, but that can happen if I have the volume all the way down when I shut off the cpu. I noticed that the cd drive makes its usual noise only sometimes when I try to start it up. From this point I get nothing more. I can hear the fan faintly, and I know things are working at some rate inside the computer. I don't know what to do at this point. Sell it for parts? Smack it around a little? Apple Genius Bar?

Amy advice or information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:07 AM

There are no replies.

Mid 2011 Not Displaying at All. Makes Startup Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.